We recognise that transitions can be difficult for a child with SEND and take steps to ensure that any transition is as smooth as possible.
If your child is joining our nursery from preschool or our Reception from a different nursery setting:
- We will contact the SENCO to ensure we know about any special arrangements or support that your child may need.
- We will make sure that all records about your child are passed on to us as soon as possible.
If your child is moving to or from another school:
We will contact the school SENCO and ensure both schools know about any special arrangements or support that need to be made for your child.
We will make sure that all records about your child are passed on as soon as possible.
When moving classes in school:
- Information will be passed on to the new class teacher IN ADVANCE and, in most cases, a transition meeting will take place where the targets for the new support plan will be discussed.
- All children have an opportunity to spend time with their new class teacher at the end of the summer term.
- If your child would be helped by a book to support them understand moving on then it will be made for/with them.