Level 2 Competitions, Events and Festivals
At Otterburn, we understand the importance of taking part in a wide range of activities out of school. We compete in our North Tyne Partnership events with: Wark C of E Primary, Bellingham Primary, Greenhaugh Primary and Kielder Primary.
We also try to go beyond that, to compete in the events organised by our School Games Organiser so that all our pupils have the opportunity to take part in Access, Belong , Compete, Develop and Enrich events.
We believe the benefits on our young people are:
- Have fun and enjoy themselves!
- Develop friendships and meet new people.
- Become more determined and demonstrate resilience.
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of respect for others.
- Learn to develop self control and manage emotions.
- Experience being part of a team and understand your contribution to it.
- Win with pride and lose with grace.
- Learn the importance of practice and preparation.
- Learn how to set realistic goals and work towards achieving them.
- Aspire to improve and challenge themselves.
Virtual Multi-Skills Competition (Level 1 and 2)
We took part in the School Games Virtual Multi-Skills Festival for LKS2 and UKS2. The event was ran as a house competition in school (level 1) as well as sending off our results to compete against other Tynedale and Northumberland Schools (level 2).
This event had lots of cross curricular links for us, as we combined this with our Computing unit of work on 'data handling.'
For the LKS2 competition, we had UKS2 sports leaders running the Y4 events and recording the data ready for our computing lesson about data handling and using formulas. We then swapped so the UKS2 pupils could compete in the Y6 events and LKS2 could record their data. This was an event that our School Games Organiser was very impressed with!