Reception to Year 2 - Universal Free School Meals
The government provide free school meals for all Key Stage 1 children.
Years 3 to 6
School dinners should be paid for using the online payment system within Parent Mail.
If your child wishes to change to school dinners from a packed lunch or vice versa please give one weeks’ notice.
We are a healthy school and we encourage the children to taste a selection of fruit and vegetables that they might not have been tried before. Each meal is accompanied with a selection of vegetables and/or fresh salad.
The government has made amendments to the eligibility criteria to reflect the introduction of Universal Credit.
PLEASE NOTE: Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Provided you have an annual net income of no more than £7,400
- This is assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run on
- Paid four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
The school office can help families apply for free school meals, or you can use the form below.