Our Aims at Otterburn:
- To provide opportunities within a broad and balanced curriculum so that each child is happy, can achieve success and fulfill his or her potential.
- To develop individuals socially, emotionally, spiritually, physically and creatively.
- To foster independence, and enable our pupils to become responsible citizens and lifelong learners.
- To provide a welcoming, safe and stimulating environment where everyone is valued, listened to and respected.
- To encourage and enable the continuous professional development of staff, ensuring effective communication between all.
- To display an ever-evolving commitment to making Otterburn a sustainable school, actively focusing on a wide range of environmental issues.
- To nurture strong partnerships and positive relationships with parents, carers and across the wider community.
- To recognise and celebrate success in all aspects of every child’s life.
Ethos at Otterburn:
We believe our school will nurture all individuals in their journey to achieve their full and unique potential. We are committed to developing a welcoming, safe and stimulating learning environment that will enable our pupils to become responsible citizens and lifelong learners. We are aware that our pupils bring different experiences, interests and strengths, which will influence the way they learn and develop their independence.
Vision at Otterburn:
We will strive to make our school a place where staff, governors and parents work actively together to ensure children receive a rich, inspiring, dynamic and engaging education enabling each child to become a lifelong learner, aspiring to high standards of achievement in all areas of their life.
Mission at Otterburn:
We aim to attain our vision by providing inspiring teaching within a supportive learning environment which empowers children to achieve.