We offer the opportunity for some of our KS2 pupils to become Sports Leaders. Many of them took up the offer and they were given 'School Sport Organising Crew' training to support them in their role in school which involves:
- Working with children in EYFS and KS1 to lead and organise playground games and activities.
- Supporting staff in PE lessons, after school clubs and intra-house competitions.
- Organising and arranging the equipment and up-keep of the PE shed.
- Helping to initiate games and activites in the classroom when we have wet lunchtimes.
- Reporting back to staff and members of the Pupil Parliament on any sport related feedback.
The KS2 pupils work in pairs to complete their 'sports leader' duties on a rota each lunchtime.