Special Educational Needs and Disability is also called SEN or SEND.
- Our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator is Mrs Erica Bush.
Otterburn Primary School and Nursery promotes high standards for all pupils. Every child is offered inclusive teaching, which enables them to make the best possible progress and develop as valued members of our school and the wider community.
The school offers a range of provision to support children with SEND. Otterburn Primary School and Nursery has high expectations of all children and staff and we believe that it is the entitlement of all children to have the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
Our Special Educational Needs policy complies with the statutory requirement laid out in the SEND Code of Practice 0-25 (January 2015). The policy has been written with reference to the following documents:
- Equality Act 2014: advice for schools DfE Feb 2013
- SEND Code of Practice 0-25 (January 2015)
- Children and families Act 2014
- Supporting pupils at school with medical conditions (2014)
- Schools SEN Information Report Regulations (2014)
- Statutory Guidance on Supporting pupils at school with medical conditions (April 2014)
- Safeguarding Policy
- Accessibility Plan
- Teachers Standards 2012